Laboratorios Averroes was founded on July 14th, 1988. It is loyal to the tenets of medieval Arab philosophy: that of uniting the medical and pharmaceutical professions into one.
SULPHUROUS WATER FROM THE AVERROES SPRING
Declared mineral-medicinal and fit for public use by the Ministry of Health
Averroes products, formulated based on Averroes Sulphurous Water and the bacterial inocula that grow in it (duly selected and passivated), have proven their effectiveness in fields and activities as diverse as: Antioxidant therapy, Anti-ageing, Wellness-Fitness, Sports Medicine, Otolaryngology, Pneumology, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
Natural cosmetics and dermopharmacy
Since 1988, we have been committed to R&D in the field of natural cosmetics and dermopharmacy. We are formulators, and work according to the guidelines of the European and US Pharmacopoeias and the Hager Treaty of Practical Pharmacy. We do not use preservatives, colourants or parabens. Our products can be applied to atopic, sensitive or allergic skins as they do not contain preservatives or additives.
Phytotherapy: Medicinal Plants
Dr. Pina’s range of Medicinal Plants are the fruit of research, formulation and his own creation, and are intended to treat the most prevalent pathologies in primary health care. They are strictly medicinal plants, not popular ones, and are endorsed by the European, Spanish, British and United States Pharmacopoeias. Pharmaceutical control, microscopy and chromatography is exhaustive in order to avoid adulterations and falsifications.
Dr. Juan Ramón Pina
Medical Director of Laboratorios Averroes
Dr. Pina is passionate about his work, combining his research and teaching commitments with those of a doctor and pharmacist. His extensive university training has enabled him to set up and oversee LABORATORIOS AVERROES, pioneers in products and thermal treatments based on Sulphurous Water from the Averroes Spring ........ "THE SPA AT HOME".
- Degree in Medicine - Barcelona Autonomous University. Vall d'Hebrón Hospital (BCN)
- Degree in Pharmacy - Central University of Barcelona. Faculty of Pharmacy (BCN)
- Qualified in Clinical Analysis by the Official College of Pharmacists of Barcelona (1981)
- Diploma in Health - National School of Health. Bellvitge Hospital (BCN) (1988)
- Specialist in Medical Hydrology and Climatology - University of Montpellier (France)
- Master’s Degree in aesthetic medicine awarded by the University of Alcalá de Henares and the University of Mississippi. (March-November 2011)
April 2013: Appointed Doctor HONORIS CAUSA by the Council of Europe.
2018: Member of the Spanish Society of Otorhinolaryngology - SEORL